Zwanziger: Heavy allegations against investigators in the case of the World Cup

The 2006 FIFA World Cup case has been working with investigators for nearly four years. The former head of the DFB, Theo Zwanziger, is wrongly sued and the authorities are a devastating testimony.

Theo Zwanziger is getting angry. For two hours, the former president of the DFB, accused by the Swiss federal prosecutor, presented his views on the case of the summer fairy tale at the hotel "Wilhelm von Nassau" to Diez – and criticized the investigators and the head of FIFA, Gianni Infantino.

"The forces of order have failed, the Germans and the Swiss," said Zwanziger. "It's a scandal." Zwanziger is relatively calm against the Swiss prosecutor, former DFB officials Horst R. Schmidt and Wolfgang Niersbach, and former FIFA Secretary-General Urs Linsi, who are accused of fraud.

"I firmly believe that the allegations of tax evasion and fraud are completely false and that there will be no penalty," said the 74-year-old player. "Everything rests on constitutionally absolutely shaky feet."

The Quartet is accused of fraudulently deceiving the Presidential Committee of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Organizing Committee on the subject of a payment of 6.7 million euros in April 2005 by the German Federation football team to FIFA, the world's governing body. The proceedings against former CO chief Franz Beckenbauer had already been separated. "I strongly resist the accusation of deception, I have not deceived or deceived anyone," Zwanziger said.

For him, the allegations are incomprehensible. According to him, the repayment of the money that Beckenbauer borrowed in 2002 from businessman Robert Louis-Dreyfus and who then landed on the account of the former vice president of FIFA, Mohammed Bin Hammam, could only be legally assessed when the objective was clarified. ,

"The investigators are talking about speculating about it, no one can support that," Zwanziger said. He will therefore promptly file a criminal complaint for "deliberate misinterpretation of evidence" against the Chief Investigator of the Swiss Federal Prosecution and his assistant.

It is only at the end of July that an old criminal complaint of Zwanzigers against a prosecutor and an assistant lawyer of the Swiss Federal Prosecutor's Office was filed. As announced Tuesday the competent extraordinary prosecutor of the German News Agency, "the facts in question have clearly not been met". Zwanziger therefore filed a criminal complaint on May 14 for mischief.

Zwanziger sits at Diez once moving in the face of the verbal attack on FIFA President Infantino. The World Association did not bring anything to clarify the purpose of the millionaire payment. "Infantino remains silent and the prosecution embraces him," Zwanziger said. "It's a high profile clientelism that stands on the backs of Schmidt, Niersbach and I. The accusation that we cheated is shameful." Schmidt, who attended the press conference as 39, guest, spoke of a "personal insult".

Still to the allegations of tax evasion, which had raised the Frankfurt prosecutor against Zwanziger, Schmidt and Niersbach, said Zwanziger. The Frankfurt Regional Court dismissed the commencement of a main proceeding in October 2018. The Oberlandesgericht Frankfurt has not yet acted on a prosecutor's complaint against this decision.

As early as May of this year, Zwanziger brought a lawsuit against the prosecution investigator. According to Zwanziger, she allegedly misrepresented a testimony on which rests the indictment against the former DFB officials. Currently, the Darmstadt public prosecutor is in charge of the process.

"The charge of tax evasion was absurd from the beginning because it was referring to a bad year," Zwanziger said. The actual payment of 6.7 million euros in 2005 having already been blocked, the prosecution has decided to replace FIFA after the 2006 World Cup, the new reserve was led by the DFB. "I can not believe it's stupidity, it's malice," said Zwanziger, prophesying, "I will not be sentenced in Germany and not in Switzerland."