In partnership with the Electronic Sports League (ESL), Sony PlayStation and Electronic Arts are organizing the FIFA 19 Cologne Cup, which will be the subject of a series of online tournaments and its grand finale, in as a spectacular event on this year's PlayStation show in Halton. 7 takes place.
From 16 to 27 July, the top 16 FIFA 19 players will be announced from a total of five qualifying rounds online. For the gamescom final from 21 to 24 August, these players have the chance to win the title and a portion of the prize pool of a total of 27,000 euros.
German, Austrian and Swiss players aged at least 16 years old can register in the Central European region to participate in one of the online qualifying events.
The online qualifying rounds of the FIFA 19 Cologne Cup
- Friday, July 19 at 18h
- Saturday, July 20 at 18h
- Monday, July 22 at 18h
- Wednesday, July 24 at 18h
The top four players in each of the eight regions finally clashed on Saturday, July 27 for a place in the final in Cologne.
Regions in detail
Region: Country / places in the final at gamescom
- Central Europe: Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Poland / 4
- North Europe: Great Britain, Ireland, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland / 3
- Western Europe: France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg / 3
- Southern Europe: Spain, Portugal, Italy / 2
- Asia Pacific: Australia, New Zealand / 1
- Eastern Europe: Czech Republic, Slovakia, Hungary, Cyprus, Greece, Croatia, Malta, Romania, Slovenia, Russia, Ukraine / 1
- Middle East and North Africa: Middle East, North Africa and Turkey / 1
- Japan: Japan / 1
The staggering price money
- 1st place: 10,000 euros
- 2nd place: 5,000 euros
- 3rd to 4th place: 2,000 euros
- Place 5 to 8: 1.000 euros
- Place 9 to 16: 500 euros